Hermle in the specialist press.
Machining production facility (construction of building 6)
Facts about the new production facility:
Construction period January 2016 – end of 2017
Ceiling height increased from 5 m to approx. 12.50 m
Overall height approx. 18.80 m
Length approx. 66 m
Width approx. 37 m
Reconstructed space approx. 30300 m3
Floor space approx. 2330 m2
Plant room approx. 3700 m3
Floor space approx. 700 m2
- No “traditional process planning”
- Deployment field for material unloading and transport
- The flexible manufacturing system is controlled and regulated automatically according to a
grid plan (Felios). Featuring a quarterly, weekly and daily preview
- Flexible manufacturing system
- The system is in operation as needed seven days a week, three shifts a day, with two
employees present during the night shift.
- The new facility contains three Heller universal machining centres with a 14-pallet storage system and a setup station.
- A new Burkhardt + Weber universal machining centre combined with a 4-level, high-bay pallet storage system for up to 32 pallets.
- Two Hermle C 60 UP MT dynamic 5-axis machining centres with mill/turn function and a PW 3000 pallet changer and a ZM 192 additional magazine.
The process heat (specific heat) from the production machines is transferred to a storage system and distributed via a heat/cold convector or converted into cold air in the summer.
New transformer station for building 6. At low voltage, our cable lengths result in an up to 2% capacity loss. However, power is saved by installing the transformer station directly at the consumer.